No one is young after forty, but one can be irresistible at any age. –Coco Chanel
Graceful aging is a trending topic wherever you look. Rather than resist, embrace the benefits of accruing years. You can do this so resiliently by taking the advice of the 12 tips listed in column 1, below.
Develop and maintain good skin. This involves your entire cleansing, nourishing and moisturizing regimen. Let Ageless La Cure skincare take the guesswork out of it for you. This organic certified complete skincare line is designed to address all the issues slightly more mature skin experiences (lines and lack of tone, for example). Get 25% off when you buy the whole line at once. And be sure to join our email list to receive a steady flow of creative holistic beauty tips from Ageless La Cure’s maker, PHYTO5.
Stay away from plastic surgery and other medical artificial procedures. Be authentic. In older age, it’s actually more attractive to bear the lines of years of experience with a face that can express itself rather than a face paralyzed by botox.
- Make the most of your natural good looks; accentuate your best features.
- Use your body well—it wants you to use it! With physical movement and exercise we keep our lymph circulating. When lymph flow stagnates, toxins are not able to be flushed from the body as efficiently as they need to be which can show up in toxic, congested looking skin. Walk, dance, rebound, practice yoga, run, do calisthenics (remember them?!), learn a martial art, bicycle. Just make sure it’s a form of exercise you love so you’ll follow through consistently. Commit yourself to 15 minutes a day several days a week.
- Cut the bad habits! Keep everything in moderation: alcohol, drugs, caffeine, sugar, white flour, prepared foods. Smoking cigarettes is always bad for your skin and your health and is certainly a habit we advise everyone to refrain from 100%!
- Get your proper amount of “beauty” sleep.
- Put thought into your hairstyle. Even if you’ve got some facial lines, a sassy well-d0ne hairstyle that truly suits you and your personality will detract from the signs of aging on the face.
- Embrace your individual style. Create a signature style you’re known for. Is it a scarf you always wear uniquely? Sparkling broaches and pins? Or a Chanel-style layered manner of dress? Build out your style and have fun with it.
- Always try to look your best even if you’re only going to the grocery store—it will do more for you than for anyone else.
- Nurture your relationships. They will sustain you and keep you happy and when you’re happy, you’re beautiful. If current relationships aren’t satisfying or uplifting, put yourself in places where you can possibly develop new ones. Loving relationships actually help us keep our immune systems strong and healthy.
- Get involved in life. Don’t just lie down and give up. EXPLORE, LEARN, GIVE!
- Develop a fantastic attitude about life and living and then carry it off. Find role models to emulate if you feel you need some inspiration.
What Women of Influence Say About Beauty and Graceful Aging:
Loren believes her life of love and family fuels her inner beauty. When asked about the secret behind her enduring look, her answer was simply this:
"I'm happy! I live a wonderful life.”
“I’m a good actress you know. That is what it is all about, you just act your way through it. You are not the only one who is going to suffer great self-doubt and insecurity.”
“I hope I can inspire other women towards greater confidence by making the most of their natural good looks.”
Raquel Welch says she likes to think of aging gracefully as if it’s a game.
“We might as well make up our minds to play it or just bow out and be spectators,” she says. “Sitting around doing nothing is far from the best option. Just as you maintain your home, your car, your garden, you should look after your greatest gift: your body.”
Cindy Joseph, celebrated makeup artist:
“The good news is… If you have abused your body, or gotten sick and your health has been going downhill— you can rejuvenate! Whether it’s through fasting, cleansing, eating the right diet, getting more sleep or exercising—it’s proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can always get healthier.”
“Right now, you can start to take care of your emotions and your psychology.”
“I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing that I wanted to do.”
When Streisand was recently asked about what she believes is most important for “anti-aging,” she said:
“We are all a work in progress. It’s important to never stop learning and challenging yourself.”